Getting Started with Your Web Site!
||Determine why your business needs a web site and how you will measure web site success.
- Attract new customers
- Increase your business
- Let customers know your products, projects, or menu
- Give directions to your office
- Provide pictures of your facility and staff
- Provide contact emails, phone, fax, and mail address
- Provide required printable forms
- Provide links to other useful sites
- Allow customers to shop on-line
||Select a domain name, such as yourbusinessname.com.
- Domain name must be available. RJR Web Designs can help check for availability.
- Keep the name short and easy to remember
||Determine the look and feel of your site - RJR Web Designs can guide you through these steps.
- What are other web sites which you admire?
- Do you have a logo or banner?
- What colors, font, sizes, and navigation links do you want to use?
- What are the pages for your site?
||Determine the hosting package from RJR Web Designs which fits your needs and have RJR Web Designs proceed. Hosting packages include:
- Registration and fees for your domain name
- Internet Service Provider setup and fees
- Help with your design choices
- Generation of pages based on your text, pictures, and design choices
- Photograph editing for your web images
- Graphics editing for logos, buttons, banners, ...
||Test and proofread your web site.
- Check spelling
- Check for operational navigation links
- Check for completeness and accruacy
- Test using a variety browsers
- Have RJR Web Designs make changes
||Announce to the world that your business is on-line.
- Put your URL (www.yourbusinessname.com) on your advertisements, business cards, etc.
- Register your URL with search engines
- Get your associations and affiliated business partners to list your URL